Two-Step Verification: How to reset WhatsApp security PIN if forgotten? The features of the instant messaging platform WhatsApp are as fun as they are strong. For this reason, on the one hand, if the company offers options like View Once, Disappearing Message, etc.
on the other hand, it also has an additional security layer like Two-Step Verification or Two-Step Authentication. In the two-step verification, you have to add your own email ID and set a 7-digit PIN, which acts as the password for the account.
There is no possibility of third-party access. But what if you forget this PIN or password? Then you will also lose access to your WhatsApp account?
By the way, if you forget the WhatsApp two-step verification PIN, you need to reset it by following a few simple steps. Remember, this PIN will not be reset even if you disable or uninstall WhatsApp. So you have to do this by following the steps described by the company. So let’s find out how to reset the two-step verification PIN?
How to reset WhatsApp 2 Step Verification PIN?
- Open WhatsApp from an Android smartphone or iPhone.
- ‘Forgot PIN?’ Click on the option.
- Then if you select the ‘Send Email‘ option, a reset link will be sent to the email.
- Open this link and click on the ‘Confirm‘ button.
- The app’s ‘Forgot PIN?’ Select the ‘Reset‘ option from the section.