iOS 14.5 Download: Important Updates for iPhone and iPad, How to Download: Ending the wait, tech giant Apple has come up with an iOS 14.5 software update for their iPhone and iPad users. In this update, Apple has improved the privacy features of their devices’ operating systems and app ecosystems – more interesting features like app tracking transparency, color change of emoji, faceID unlock while wearing a mask. In that case, let’s learn about iOS 14.5 in detail.
Apple has said that installing the iOS 14.5 update will increase the battery life of the iPhone 11 device. On the other hand, since the update comes with dual SIM support, users with iPhone 12 devices will be able to use two 5G SIMs at the same time. So, it is understood that this new update will be helpful enough to solve a number of problems for the users. In addition to the above system-level changes, the tech company is also expected to make some minor changes to its apps.
Table of Contents
Which devices can be installed iOS 14.5 (iOS 14.5) software update?
The California-based technology company has released its iOS 14.5 software update, currently available for certain iPhone and iPad models. In that case, these devices are:
- iPhone 12,
- iPhone 12 mini,
- iPhone 12 Pro,
- iPhone 12 Pro Max,
- iPhone 11,
- iPhone 11 Pro,
- iPhone 11 Pro Max,
- iPhone XS,
- iPhone XS Max,
- iPhone XR,
- iPhone X,
- iPhone 8,
- iPhone 8 Plus,
- iPhone 7,
- iPhone 7 Plus,
- iPhone 6s,
- iPhone 6s Plus,
- iPhone SE (1st generation),
- iPhone SE (2nd generation),
- 7th generation iPod touch
If your device is one of these Apple devices, you can also install this new software update today.
How to install iOS 14.5 software update?
- To download the update, you must first go to the ‘Settings’ option on your device.
- You have to tap on the ‘General’ option there.
- Then, tap on the ‘Software Update’ option on the screen.(Settings> General> Software Update)
- This time, the device will check Apple’s servers to see if there are any new ‘software updates’ available on your device.
- Once your ‘Software Update’ request is approved, it will take a while for your device to be ready to download and install.
- . Now you can reboot your device to install the new update.
In this case, like us, before installing this software update, you must save all the files and contents on your device as a backup to iCloud and offline iTunes. So that the files on the device are not deleted in any way during installation.