How To Apply for E‑Passport in Bangladesh A to Z Online | ePassport (Electronic Passport Bangladesh )
How To Apply for E‑Passport in Bangladesh A to Z Online | ePassport (Electronic Passport Bangladesh ): Do you want your valuable passport? But you are worried about which passport to make or how to find a passport without a broker? Passport It is important for every person to know the rules of e-passport.
So for your convenience, we will inform you about the new rules for making official passports, the rules for making e-passports new. You can learn more through our today’s post-
- First, you need to enter the website www.epassport.gov.bd.
- All you have to do is press “APPLY ONLINE” directly. Here you have several options such as where you are applying from, your district name, your nearest police station. After filling these options, if you continue directly, you will go to the next interface. But if you are not in the supported area, but will not take you to the next interface. In this case, you have to apply for an MRP passport directly. This is an updated rule of 2021 to make e-passport completely.
- You will then provide your valid mail. Then you will be considered ready to apply for your passport as per the rules of e-passport 2021.
Step 1: Check if the new ePassport is already available in your area
The new ePassport is introduced step by step at the Regional Passport Offices in Bangladesh and at the Bangladesh Missions around the world.
If you use the Online Application you can check availability by entering the district of your present address and the Police Station which belongs to your residence.
You can also lookup a list of Passport Offices and Bangladesh Missions issuing the new ePassport in the FAQs section.
Step 2: Fill in your ePassport application online
Currently, applications for the new ePassport are possible as an online application – start the application process right here. You will be guided through the process. And make sure to schedule an appointment for enrolment at the passport office to reduce waiting time.
Step 3: Pay passport fees
You need to pay for your new passport before you visit the passport office to complete the enrolment.
You can pay the passport fees online at the end of the online application process. You also have the possibility to pay at once to the supporting banks. We recommend taking the printed application form with you when making the bank payment.
E‑Passport Bank Payment: The e-passport fee can be paid at one of the following banks in Bangladesh:
ONE Bank, Premier Bank, Sonali Bank, Trust Bank, Bank Asia, Dhaka Bank.
Step 4: Visit your Passport Office for biometric enrolment
After you submitted your online application AND scheduled an appointment you can visit your passport officer for enrolment. Make sure you have all the required documents with you when you visit the passport office. At least this includes the printed application form, payment slip from the bank or online payment, NID card or Birth Certificate, previous passport if available, and other documents. You can only enroll at the passport office which belongs to the area of your present address in Bangladesh. The passport office is shown in the summary of your online application.
Step 5: Collect your ePassport at the passport office
You will be informed by email as soon as your new passport is ready for pick-up at the passport office. If you provided a mobile number you also receive this notification by SMS.
You need to collect your new ePassport personally at the passport office. Please bring the following documents when collecting the passport:
Delivery slip you received during passport enrolment
Previous passport (if available)
Only in exceptional cases, the passport can be handed out to other eligible persons:
Parents or legal guardians can collect the passports of their children/dependents (for minors up to 11 years). Please present the NID card of the parents, the Birth Certificate of the children, and according to delivery slips.
Authorized representatives can collect the applicant’s new passport in cases of serious health issues. This requires a properly signed authorization letter, NID card of the applicant, previous passport of the applicant if available, NID card or passport of the authorized representative.
Passport with 48 pages and 5 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 4,025
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 6,325
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 8,625
Passport with 48 pages and 10 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 5,750
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 8,050
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 10,350
Passport with 64 pages and 5 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 6,325
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 8,625
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 12,075
Passport with 64 pages and 10 years validity
- Regular delivery within 21 days: TK 8,050
- Express delivery within 10 days: TK 10,350
- Super Express delivery within 2 days: TK 13,800
E‑Passport in Bangladesh Required documents:
- Printed application summary incl. appointment
- Identification documents (NID card or Birth certificate)
- Payment Slip
- Previous Passport (if available)
- Further documents depend on application nature
- Printed application form(Optional)
5 Steps to your e-Passport
- For Online Application Click Here
- For Passport Fees and Bank List Click Here
- Make sure you have all the required documents with you when you visit the passport office.
- Delivery slip you received during passport enrolment
- Authorized representatives can collect the applicant’s new passport.